French toast for breakfast on Sunday morning.
This is such a nice alternative for pancakes, especially when there are a few days old left over slices of bread.
My family adores these toasts drizzled over with brown sugar, but powder sugar, any type of fruit jam could be an equally tasty alternative as well.
- 4 Slices of white bread (a few days old)
- 1 Vanilla suger
- 20 ml milk
- 2 Eggs
- 10g Butter
1. Beat the eggs, milk and vanilla together until they form a foamy consistency.
2. Melt the butter in a hot pan.
3. Dip both sides of each slice of bread in the egg mixture and put it in the bettered pan.
4. Bake until crispy golden.
5. Serve with dusted cinnamon or powder sugar.